The former district court was constructed in 1896 and used by the Charlottenburg land registry until 2010. As part of a sensitive dialogue with the existing spaces and traces of earlier use, this listed building has now been transformed by Grüntuch Ernst Architects into a multidisciplinary space for art, architecture and design. Here, creative minds and companies are offered a platform to design temporary project spaces, making AMTSALON a place of transformation, bringing new life to this historic place through an interesting and inspiring mix of people and ideas.
From 17th to 24th June 2021 the former district court of Charlottenburg opened its doors to the public – as a pop-up of twenty-four Berlin galleries. United under one roof, these spaces exhibited selected works by each gallery’s artists.